Since November 2006, we have been working with key stakeholders to identify the key issues facing the Black Country over the next 20 years. This led to the production of the Core Strategy Issues & Options Document in the Summer 2007.
Consultation on Issues & Options
The Issues & Options Document set out the issues facing the Black Country and proposed options for the Core Strategy to address these issues. Your views were sought on the issues and options identified together with any others that you wish us to consider.
The consultation ran from 29th June to 10th August 2007. Copies of the Issues & Options Document are available to view and download below. Copies of the document were also available to view at each of the four local authorities Council offices and main libraries.
As well as being able to view and comment on the Issues and Options on this website people were invited to come along to an event and discuss the Joint Core Strategy for the Black Country with Council officers, at:
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall TownCentre 6th July 8am-12
- Dudley Arts Festival, 7th - 8th July, 11am - 6pm at Himley Hall and Park
- Wolverhampton City Show, 7th - 8th July, 10am - 5pm, One City Marquee, West Park
- Core Strategy Consultation Event - 11th July, 10am at the Lighthouse, Wolverhampton
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall Town Centre 12th July 11am-3
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall Town Centre 17th July 4-8pm
- Tuesday 17th July 11am - 8pm at Brierley Hill Civic Hall (with the Blood Donor event)
Wednesday 18th July 2007, 10am – 12 pm, Agewell Borough Wide Forum at Wesley Centre, Springhead, Wednesbury
- Drop in Session, Beechdale CHA, Stephenson Avenue, Beechdale 19th July 2-5.00pm
- Saturday 21st July 9am - 3pm at Stourbridge Farmers Market
- Tuesday 24th July 2007, 9.30am - 4.30pm, Oldbury Outdoor Market Stall by Sainsburys, Oldbury
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall Town Centre 25th July 2-6pm
- Thursday 26th July 2007, 6pm - 7pm, Shadow Youth Cabinet at Council House, Oldbury
- Friday 27th July 9am - 3pm at Dudley Farmers Market
- Saturday 28th July 9am - 3pm at Halesowen Farmers Market
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall Town Centre 30th July 11am-3
- Discussion Session Blakenall Village library, Blakenall Village Centre 1st August 10am-12
- Drop in Session, 2nd August, 9.30am - 12pm, Waitrose, Marston Road, Blakenhall, Wolverhampton
- Drop in Session, 2nd August, 2pm - 4.30pm, Sainsbury’s, Rookery Street, Wednesfield
- Drop in Session, 3rd August, 9.30am - 12pm Morrisons, Blaydon Road, Pendeford
- Drop in Session, 3rd August, 2pm - 4.30pm, Bilston Market, Bilston Town Centre
- Drop in Session, Walsall CEN, Darwall Street, Walsall Town Centre 7th August 12-4pm
- Discussion Session Mossley Children’s Centre, Asley Road, Bloxwich 9th August 2-3pm
A further event was then held on 17th October for key stakeholders across the Black Country to discuss how a vision for the future could be shaped through development of 'regeneration corridors' and to specifically address delivery issues with the emerging strategy. The results from that spatial options workshop are available to download below.
Your views from this stage of consultation have helped us choose our preferred options for the Core Strategy.
A Sustainability Appraisal (SA) is being done of the Joint Core Strategy for the Black Country. The SA is a way of assessing the policies and proposals in a plan, to find out whether or not they are likely to lead to sustainable development. It assesses the economic, environmental and social effects of the plan, looking at positive and negative effects, and long term as well as short term effects. An SA has been done of the Issues and Options Document as is available to view here.
We have a database of individuals and organisations who we regularly update on the progress of the Core Strategy. If you wish to add or update your details please contact us at email@example.com
The Core Strategy is going to take some time to produce. Now we have collected and analysed views received at this stage we have produced a summary table of the responses recieved. This is available below. We have also produced responses to the summary of representations recieved during the issues and options stage and these are also available to download below.